- 1 and 1/4 pounds trimmed green beans
- 1 and 1/4 pounds quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Note: you can use all red cherry tomatoes, but with so many other varieties at farmers' market stalls, it's fun to go for a multi-colored blend. Add yellow, orange, or heirloom cherry tomatoes to the mix too.
2. Whisk together the shallots and red wine vinegar; let stand for 10 minutes. Add the olive oil, salt, and black pepper, and pour over the green bean mixture. Toss well.
I thought this salad paired perfectly with veggie burgers.
8 servings (1 cup), Calories 51
The oregano lifted this green bean salad above the rest. Add to that the fresh tomatoes and green beans that both tasted just-picked from the farm, and lovely notes of vinegar and shallot to each bite, and there was very little to complain about. An easy summer side.